Mark_McCaughey

Oct 23, 2014
www.facebook.com
I got an M6 yesterday and left it on standby last night. When I came downstairs this morning there was no red light and I was unable to turn it back on. I had to unplug it and it leave it for a couple of minutes and when I plugged it back in the red light came on. I am unsure if it will turn on fully as I didn't have time to try it but no doubt I will find out tonight. Should I leave the box plugged in and on standby and is there a particular way I should be turning it off? I am a complete Luddite so any advice would be appreciated!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Standby should be fine to use (other than the ecological/electricity bill side of things). Likewise, leaving it turned on fully (as long as the device has decent ventilation) has not been a problem for any my models.
Let us know how it goes when you get home.

[edit]
One quick thought... if I use my iMX6 or M6 devices, and switch to another model with my HDMI switch, I sometimes have to restart the iMX6 or M6 before video is displayed. They don't behave like that if I connect them directly to my monitor, but I only have one HDMI socket, so I've daisy chained a couple of HDMI switches.

Mark_McCaughey

Oct 23, 2014
www.facebook.com
Thanks for your reply. I only have one device so the HDMI is connected all of the time. If it's ok to leave it on standby I don't understand why it would not work this morning. I have unplugged it completely before I left for work. Will unplugging it cause any issues?

mark evans

Oct 30, 2014
Iv got a imx6 I had to put it back to factory setting now everything RM works except live sport pro and show box