Ian3413

Mar 25, 2015
I wonder if anyone can help. I am trying to add add ons through the file manger in XMBC. I type in the add on address and mane it but when I try and activate it flashes up a message saying no network connection. I do have a wired connection and am able to stream content from XMBC. Is there a setting that I have not ticked? Hope that makes sense.

Ian

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you check this out ian. The method for adding add-ons is usually system-addons-get addons (then choose a repository) rather than via file manager

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi,file manager is for adding more repos to your box ie: http://srp.nu then give it a name like superrepo . Then you would go back to get add-on, and install from zip and manually install, but this is why we have the wizard we set your boxes with the best add-ons so you don't have too. If you want to its up to you.

Ian3413

Mar 25, 2015
Hi, Thanks for the replies. I type in the address and name the add on and click ok at this point it pops up with a message saying no network connection would you like to add anyway I say yes but when I go to the Zip folder although the file name is there it is empty. I am still on XMBC rather than Kodi would this make a difference. It appears to not be able to connect to my network in the set up sequence although I can stream from the pre installed add ons and surf the internet through Google.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, to add an add-on go to.....
> file manage > add source> you should get a box come up. In the top box type in http://srp.nu
Now click done, go to the bottom and get it a name like
Superrepo click done and go back click on system , add-ons, install from zip file, click on this and look for superrepo. It will ask for the version of xbmc, Frodo = 12 Gotham =13 helix =14. If your not sure go to system into and in the bottom right corner you will see a name and number of the version of xbmc ( Kodi ) you are using. Now go back and select the version in surperrepo then go to video click here the scroll down to the latest zip and click here. This should load and I've checked it's working to, sometimes you get messages saying not connected but that could be down to the server not your box. Also check YouTube for more info. Hope this helps