Matt Labrum

Apr 24, 2016
Hi, I am new to these forums and I am hoping you can help me with an issue. My mbox and specifically Kodi has developed some issues. I am running the Kodi helix which was pre installed, I have had the box for 3 months. Kodi became unusable, constant freezing, weird flickering patterns and crashing sending me back to the menu screen. It was purely used for streaming - I was predominantly using exodus, salts & Phoenix. I cleared out the cache for the box and app, this didn't resolve the issue. I undertook two factory resets yesterday and this seemed to solve the issue. I tried to use it today and I am back to where I started. I'm thinking that either the box is an issue or I need to try and download a more stable / later version pf Kodi. Any help or insight would be much appreciated

Matt

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You could try kodi 15.2 isengaard. Get it from the official kodi download page.
Other than that, you might check the hdmi connection and try a different lead.
You say you have had the box 3 months. In which case it should be still under guarantee. I suspect it is not a droidbox. You might want to consider contacting the supplier for support.

Matt Labrum

Apr 24, 2016
See the photo below of the box it states m5. Not sure it's the HDMI connection as this wouldn't cause the crashing and it appears to be only Kodi which is the issue. I wondered whether there was stability issues with helix image.jpeg

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
No helix 14.2 was stable.
It is now over 12 months old so probably worth updating.
If problems persist, then I still recommend contacting the supplier.
It's not a droidbox so it is difficult to comment on the configuration and firmware which might be the source of the problem. Maybe ask the supplier if here are any firmware updates which would improve performance. But try the Kodi update first and maybe reinstall your Addons if the box came "fully loaded".

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've double checked with the dispatch team and the M5 box does look like that (not the same styling as T8 series devices). Grab us via an e-mail with your order number and the name/address it was sent to, we can check our records for it then.
Good advice above regarding trying a different Kodi build, let us know if you have any queries.