Right1

Mar 17, 2015
Ok I have an M8 android tv box which I have flashed with the droidsticks firmware. All worked well for the past five weeks. I had to flash my box due to performing a factory reset after Internet issues. This wiped all data from the box. All working ok haven't touch my box for around two weeks now and thought today will have a mess around with it. Switched it on today and I have the same issues as I had before , which is the box is causing my Internet to switch on and off constantly.

Again reset the box and re flashed the firmware as before which did fix the issue, this time it hasn't and just makes the Internet loop on and off. I don't know how to cure this, may call sky and see what they, all other devices, iPods ipads tablets chromecast smart tv phones all work ok.

Did think of flashing the box with the mega tron firmware, anyone used this looks pretty good with a lot of apps. Anyone using it recommends for the m8 ?

Right1

Mar 17, 2015
So what would you recommend and i appreciate you reply I have been on other forums with not one reply and here I get one within minutes thanks for that...I have m8 ott 4k box which has kitkat 4.4.2 installed with kernel 3.10.33 factory reset the box again and still was causing issues with the Internet before reflashing it and setting it up again. The first time I had issues with the Internet issue I reset the box then had to reflash with alternative software, which I think was from droidsticks

Sorry if I am swearing at you....just not getting any support from the supplier and saw the firmware and got gui back after the reset. I have since saw the mega tron software, but my issue is the Internet dropping out when try to use the box.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not sure myself on mega tron, does it turn off only in xbmc or on any app in android as well. Are you using wifi or wired connection. Try resetting your sky wifi and make sure all parent controls are off, even try another Chanel. Sorry I hav'nt been much use. Have alook on YouTube see if there's anything there aways help me when I was in a bind . Good luck

Right1

Mar 17, 2015
Think I have tried all the obvious things, don't have any parental controls on the router that I know of and have search you tube hence reason for coming here. Will contact my internet provider and go from there. I couldn't see any other threads about the same issue on here, do you know of any?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have the sky router, you need to put your standard IP address in on your browser(google) starts 192 ends 01. You can then make a list of adjustments to channels and parent controls and passwords. Check YouTube it shows you

Right1

Mar 17, 2015
ok will look at this but how strange come home today just about to ring sky, now my m8 is not switching off the internet???how strange