pclaptop

Mar 3, 2016
I'm not sure if this is the place but, . . . . My M8 with the android interface (not Linux) will boot up and display the "Amlogic" logo fine for 10+ seconds fine, then will display the "MBOX" logo for another 10secs fine, but when it comes to the "Android" display, with all of the colorful boxed choices, the display will last for MAYBE 1/2 sec and then go black for 5 -10 -15 secs, (varies) and then flash back on for 1/2 sec to maybe 1 sec! and never stay onscreen. This M8 WAS working fine! I'm thinking maybe it was an update or is it a hardware failure? I believe it is/was running with the updates of Kodi 16.0 and Team Expat! Has the motherboard failed?

In addition I have a few other friends M8/M8S/ MxQ boxes that are bad. Some don't power up at all,some light up but have video output at all and some have loose HDMI connectors. Is there a source of replacement motherboards for these boxes. I don't have original receipts or know who the original vendors were and if they even had a warranty!
thanks in advance and please advise if this is an inappropriate post in the wrong forum!

Last edited:

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
had a quick look on google and found nothing but im guessing if a mainboard could be sourced and imported it would proberly be cheaper to bin it and just buy a new box, i have a m8s has a spare and im not a big fan of them to be honest

Reactions: pclaptop

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
Are these boxes the cheap foreign imports that have flooded the market? With u saying u and urr mates have all had problems with them leads me to believe that they are....IMO your best bet is to buy from a reputable seller like droidbox....with warranties and very helpful back up....far better than picking up another cheapo off eBay etc.....6 months ago people were boasting their mxq etc only cost £25 and was better than a t8...and why pay more....now recently on other forums these cheap boxes are now packing up......its a false economy.

pclaptop

Mar 3, 2016
Agreed mark, tough lesson learned! I managed to bring back four of the seven M8/M8N's using USBTool and an older M8/M8N image! S82_109k4.img

I'm needing a newer updated image, as this image (S82_109k4.img) boots up "Google TV" and does not allow the IR remote to work! Wireless mice and keyboards work fine though.

Anyone have a newer *.img file for use with the USBTool program?

thanks for all of your replies!

pclaptop

Mar 3, 2016
No but I will. I have gone to freaktab for a better/newer *.img with no luck though.

thanks for the link. 8^)