1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M8-S Non DroidBOX ... Kodi- more settings

Discussion in 'EM8 - Earlier "M8" model with NO LED clock' started by Shelby5391, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Shelby5391

Shelby5391 New Member

Hey guys hoping someone would be able to help! I'm fairly new to this whole box thing (m8s) . Have this for over a year no issues.
    Recently my kodi stopped working- first it was the black screen, then freezing but now it does its first run and gets stuck on the loading screen .mine says (.tv add one -the future of tv.). So I did some
    Research and found out hat I should be doing s force stop on the kodi when the black screen comes up and clearing out the clash(or whatever) I have don't this and still nothing.

Now my other issue is my "more setting" tabs ( and all my pops ups ) is in a different lanague and I can't figure out how to change it to English.

Someone please help!!

2. David Savage

David Savage Moderator

OK doesn't sound good, looks like you need to do a factory reset as this is where you set the language for your box. As it's an M8 box here a clip to show you how.

This should get you back to the language screen, now select English.
    After you do a reset you will need to wait for apps to install, so give the box 15 mins to finish. Now go to kodi and re-run a wizard...

Good luck

3. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

If it happens again, worth contacting the supplier of your box, or maybe making sure you aren't very low on available space. If you are (after your factory reset), is it possible Kodi isn't being Quit/Exited/Closed down properly before you power off your device? This would lead to (sometimes very large) temporary files being left in place.

David Savage likes this.
  4. David Savage

David Savage Moderator

How did you get on with this.

5. Michael Wallis

Michael Wallis New Member

Hi. This is good information. Appreciate it. While I'm not getting a blank screen the addons are just simply not bringing any content and if I'm lucky (mostly on exodus) it says cannot find links.

Any chance of your help?
    How do you re-run wizard?

6. David Savage

David Savage Moderator

Inside kodi go to system and then below system info and in the bottom right corner check the version of kodi you are using. 16.0 is best for a more stable user friendly experience.
    To re-run a wizard you need to go our of kodi and then setting, other and more setting. Now go to apps and kodi, force stop then clear data. Let it finish and then go to kodi and re-run a wizard.

7. Michael Wallis

Michael Wallis New Member

I have 15.2. I'll try the update. If I re-run wizard will I be able to select the upgrade?
    Thanks again

8. jimr1104

jimr1104 Member

Go to play store unistall kodi reinstall 16.1...

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

ChrisM likes this.