N1knows

Apr 14, 2017
Hi, as the subject suggests,

I want to remove openelec from an M8N box and reinstall an android firmware.

I tried holding in the reset button on boot but it still boots into Openelec.

Many thanks.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Follow the instructions from ebox, it will install rooted android f/w over openelec

N1knows

Apr 14, 2017
Follow the instructions from ebox, it will install rooted android f/w over openelec

Hi, I don't think the instructions from that link do tell me how to do that...They only cover installing a new rooted firmware to an already existing android firmware.

Are you saying there's a guide for installing android firmware over openelec? - I searched it on Ebox and can't find it.

Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

Thanks.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
LATEST M8N FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD
Latest M8N Firmware Download, this will work on – ENY EM8 The Square one not the round one.

If you have a M8N TV box you can flash your device with our firmware. (fully rooted)

Check the sticker on the bottom of your M8 if your model is a M8N then this is the correct Firmware for you.

If you have a M8N TV box you can flash your device with our latest M8N firmware. ( fully rooted)

For an easy way to put your device into recovery mode download THIS APP and install it, this will allow you to reboot your device into recovery mode.

Click here to download the latest software update for your M8N TV Box
Latest M8N Firmware date of build 18/05/2016

Latest M8N Firmware Download How to Upgrade.

1. Click the link above and download the M8N.zip file.
  2. unpack the 5 files onto a SD card.
  3. Do not unpack the .zip file you find together with the other 4 files.
  4. Put the 5 files onto a SD card and put into the side of the M8
  5. Unplug the power from the M8N make sure it is off.
  6. At the bottom of the AV jack hole is the reset button.
  7. Using a tooth pick hold this button in. You know you have pressed it if you feel the click.
  8. Now plug in the power cord.
  9. While holding the reset button down, wait until you see the logo and you can then release the reset button.
  10. The recovery menu should now be shown and the device should update
@N1knows whatever firmware is on the box now will be wiped off and the ebox f/w will install follimg the above instructions to the letter. This is for the square m8n box only as stated.

N1knows

Apr 14, 2017
Hi, I think I know where the confusion is here...There's a chance that openelec wiped the recovery partition.

I can't get to the partition using the toothpick method.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Also use the ebox firmware to do the restore with, it will work good luck.