2009lelxxx

Mar 1, 2016
The box was working fine an hour ago, my son switched the box off and now it powers up and blue light on but no signal. I've tried 3 different HDMI cables and different ports and still nothing. When I plug Xbox in to ports it works. I'm at my whitsend. I've tried toothpick reset. Can't try any other reset as nothing is coming up on screen. Someone please help me

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
As we don't sell them, we probably don't have many useful resources. Long shot, but could try plugging into a different TV (if possible a different make and model of TV), as we've seen errors before that were fixable once a different display was temporarily used.

You could try asking the seller of your box if they have a Recovery Image/Process available to share with you. If they do, follow their steps, and don't lose faith if the process takes a while and only shows a black screen until the very last reboot.

2009lelxxx

Mar 1, 2016
Hi
Thanks for your reply, problem is I can't remember where I got it from lol. I tried it on different tv's and still nothing

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, time to google then.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player...2-ott-tv-box-square-8-gb-rom-2-gb-ram-6330-ap - Freaktab is a good place to start, make sure you follow steps offered very carefully, they may ask you to remove the case and check the circuit board to confirm exact chips used
h**p://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-lollipop-5-1-stock-firmware-for-m8s-tv-box.html - change the ** to tt in the address. I've made it non-clickable as that is a site to look around, but I don't think that specific page is for your model
https://android155.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/ott-tv-box-m8s-amlogic-s812-rom-and-rooting-firmware/ - Might be worth making contact, seems the author has a fair amount of experience with these devices.

You may find you need to try flashing using a USB cable (if the M8-S has an OTG compatible USB socket), if the conventional SD card/USB storage device approach doesn't work.