Aiden96

Mar 17, 2017
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
I've had this OTT Android TV Box M8S since my birthday from 2016, well it's started to reset itself and a couple of hours ago, it said it was updating, then it said installing apps. When it finally finished, it was like it reset itself again, just default applications installed.

FYI, I have backed everything up but I want to know if anyone has a solution to this problem and if anyone has had this problem too. It annoys me because I mostly utilise showbox apk and I'm again going to have to add all my TV series and movies to my favourites.

The box was fine last night but it keeps doing this every month, thankyou for listening to me.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you link to the specific model you purchased please? If it is a DroidBOX device, please drop us an email with your order ID/reference number or full delivery address and a link to this thread.

Reactions: Aiden96

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
It might be worth checking with the original seller if they have a resource page with links to solutions for issues like this, or perhaps firmware files to flash if the device becomes unstable and a factory reset doesn't help. With regard to the apps you installed being wiped out, firmware updates are best carried out with a wipe of all data, so it may be that the system they use forces this on you.

Reactions: Aiden96