4tay

Aug 25, 2016
When adjusting the volume on my M8S android box, it causes the volume on Kodi to go to maximum. The volume on the kodi box does not go to maximum and is adjustable as per the remote control. Does anybody know what may cause this? Best regards.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Android M8-S box - which company sold it, can you link to their product page to see if we can tell more from it
The "Kodi" box - same again, make, model and supplier might help us to think what could cause this different behaviour.

In case it helps and you've not see it before, you can adjust volume levels within Kodi without using the remote control volume buttons... With a video playing click the little speaker icon that appears when the playback controls are on screen. The sliders can be adjusted, and set as default for future playback if you find a good level.

4tay

Aug 25, 2016
I bought the Android box used off of a local buy and sell page.

I can't adjust the volume levels within Kodi, as the level becomes maxed out as soon as i adjust volume on remote control. I can still watch movies fine, but was just wondering why this is happening out of the blue.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Try the steps I listed at end of last post. There are two sliders when you click on the speaker icon. You'll get distortion if you go too far, but the volume level you see during playback when pressing Volume Up/+ isn't the only setting that can be changed.

If that doesn't help, track the manufacturer of your device and see if they can advise. Perhaps try uninstalling Kodi and grabbing latest from the Play Store.