Dan Smith

Oct 26, 2015
Hi, Im new to this and I only brought it last week and Im fairly technical minded.
I have nothing coming up saying about super user permissions when Ive added the wookie wizard.
The ota updater constantly says "invalid rom id".
The supersu has a white screen and says something like "no apps installed".
I have reset the box 3 times or more now and its doing my head in,
Can anyone help me out please before I return the box,
Thanks Dan

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
In the OTA Updater this sometimes means its up to date as the last update was a while back and before you got your box.
In openelec and openelec setting try installing the droidbox cloud.
As for the SuperUser will it add any apps or are you blocked out. It might be a case the box is not rooted.
Might be best if you get chance to use live chat on droidboxs main site. The link is in the 1st page of this forum and then the green box in the bottom right corner that says chat or message. Then one of the droidbox team can help you sort this out.
Live chat us office hours only.

Hope this helps and hope you get this sorted.

Last edited:

Dan Smith

Oct 26, 2015
Thanks for the reply,
Tried sending emails to the support email but had no reply and the first email was last week.
How would I know whether the superuser will add any apps or has blocked me out ?
I have no idea what openelec is and how to use it, its to far past my knowledge.

Regards to the ota updater, I was watching a video on youtube where a guy reviewed it and it had the same symtpoms as mine,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPJ6_ipjrZQ

Thanks Dan

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which firmware version is listed as installed when you open the OTA app?

SU requests won't appear any more, that applied to an older version of Kodi, those permissions aren't needed any more.

openELEC is a second operating system installed on DroidBOX T8-S devices.

Let me know if you've not had a response via e-mail - [email protected] e-mails should be responded to very quickly, the vast majority the same business day.

I'd like to apologize for you not getting a response on the forum from me until now, I've fallen behind a little here and I'm making sure we get back to a quicker response.