Woody1992

Jul 7, 2015
Hi,

Just a small thing really. I'm now using KODI 15, is it possible on the Menu screen to change the 'SPMC' box which no longer does anything into KODI so I can use it to launch KODI,

Cheers

RobRS

Jul 20, 2015
I too am now using KODI 15, & would also like to know how to to change the 'SPMC' box into 'Kodi'?

Thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Been asking for some weeks if there is a way of replacing the mbox launcher on my t8 with the stock android launcher with no answers yet.
Do we need a firmware update or can droidbox release an ota patch?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I remember his reply dave, he was on about downloading new launchers from the google play store (search on launcher?). He said it is possible to amend the current launcher script but difficult.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I found silently screamings reply, dave. It follows. But i would still like to ask droidbox support for a reply to my question as well.
Easiest way long term is to switch to a stock launcher and create your own shortcuts or widgets.
You could unpack the launcher, edit the files, alter the shortcut icon and where it leads to, repack and sign the app, then copy it to the right system directory, change the permissions and reboot.

Personally I'd either switch to a launcher from the Play Store (Next, Go Launcher EX, people have different favourites). Don't click the ALWAYS option when selecting the new launcher... some don't interact well if you're using the original infrared remote control. . Either that or live with the non-functioning icon.
Another approach is to use something like Themer on any old stock-like launcher. Seehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycolorscreen.themer&hl=en It takes a while to personalize, but the breadth of available themes there is great.

Reactions: David Savage