ZigRiz

Dec 28, 2016
Does this mean I need to change bootloader to TWRP and a load custom rom etc? or am I overthinking it?

btw Love the device. Also loving the T8-S I got from you (which was pre rooted). For some reason I thought the Playon was pre rooted.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Does this mean I need to change bootloader to TWRP and a load custom rom etc? or am I overthinking it?

btw Love the device. Also loving the T8-S I got from you (which was pre rooted). For some reason I thought the Playon was pre rooted.
Hi

Simply download app through the store,once opened press root option and all is done.
However please take a note that if you do install custom unistallers that can work on rooted devices please take a note that the following can damage the ROM itself.
The same goes for loading custom ROMs onto the box.

Regards

ZigRiz

Dec 28, 2016
Ok, I'm probably being thick, so sorry if I am....

If I download Super.SU from the Google play store it just tells me that "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?" - On continue it tells me that a custom recovery list TWRP or CWM can be used etc.. then gives me choice of 'Normal' or 'TWRP/CWM'. As I'm not using TWRP/CWM I choose 'normal'. It tries to install but eventually fails with lack of root.

Back to being thick.. My understanding was that SuporeSU requires the device to be 'already; rooted (i.e. Super.SU uses root but does not enable root).

So, when you say just downlaod and run Super SU, are you assuming the Playon (GPD DX) is already rooted? In which case, I can confirm it is not; or at least mine is not.

Should the Playon already be rooted?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Ok, I'm probably being thick, so sorry if I am....

If I download Super.SU from the Google play store it just tells me that "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?" - On continue it tells me that a custom recovery list TWRP or CWM can be used etc.. then gives me choice of 'Normal' or 'TWRP/CWM'. As I'm not using TWRP/CWM I choose 'normal'. It tries to install but eventually fails with lack of root.

Back to being thick.. My understanding was that SuporeSU requires the device to be 'already; rooted (i.e. Super.SU uses root but does not enable root).

So, when you say just downlaod and run Super SU, are you assuming the Playon (GPD DX) is already rooted? In which case, I can confirm it is not; or at least mine is not.

Should the Playon already be rooted?
Hi

If the following is required for app to run please do install.If our device does not come with root app pre installed that means that they are not rooted however does not mean that they can not be.
Even if they do come rooted Enable/Disable for root by default may very from device to device.

Regards

ZigRiz

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks again for the reply, I really appreciate.

Ok, so this device is not one of the rooted one's.

Therefore, what is my best option to root the device?

Cheers