blueagent

Jul 15, 2019
back in the day, there used to be a java (j2me) emulator for Dingux called MIDPath, it allows java games on cellphones to be playable on the dingoo, such as the infamous Doom RPG / Orcs and Elves java games made by john carmack himself.

the MIDPath emulator appears to be quite developed and has near perfect compatibility with most java games at the time.

so with the release of the LDK i was wondering if anyone knows if MIDPath could be made functional on the LDK game console, seeing that was originally coded for dingux and LDK console runs opendingux?

does anyone know?

blueagent

Jul 15, 2019
someone on dingoonity forums has responded to my post claiming that MIDPath emulator is already available on the LDK's opendingux. LINK

unfortunately i don't have an LDK unit to test it out since i'd like some confirmation first before i buy, since i'll only buy the LDK if it can support the java emulator.

i tried to log in to dingoonity forums but it looks like the admin there is not allowing me to post so i am unable to reply and ask for clarification from the dingoonity member directly.

so if anyone here has an LDK could perhaps take a quick peek at the console and let me know if Midpath is there, or if it can be installed, then i'd be happy as a cat.

thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I had a look on the LDK custom firmware IPK files and can't see it so I am not sure if it is actually ported to the LDK. It may be available for OpenDingux but that doesnt necessarily mean it has been ported to LDK specifically.