oyster61

Jun 11, 2015
nottinghamshire
Hi could someone help please i bought a mini keyboard but havent been able to switch off the power button with it so i have tried to use the original one that came with the box sometimes that works but not always any advice is appreciated also is there any where i can look as to what buttons does what on the keyboard

thanks

X7 ultimate

oyster61

Jun 11, 2015
nottinghamshire
Thanks David . i bought the mini key board from the same place as the droidbox i have tried to find some imfo on there website i will checkout what you suggest thanks again i may be back though !!!!

Reactions: BrianR

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
i8/i8+ doesn't have an infrared port, so can't learn/transmit codes from other remote controls (like the power one).

You could try programs like Quick Boot (Reboot) - search for it in the play store, see if they help, as you can add a shortcut to them from the homescreen.

oyster61

Jun 11, 2015
nottinghamshire
I'm not sure you can power off a box with a remote, you just might have to press the button.
I don't think it's like a TV or Sky/virgin box that has a stand by facility.
chris i dont want to power the actual box of just like close the android screen down i manually switch the box of until next time
Chris..

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
@oyster61 I don't think the mini keyboard has that facility, if you want to do that and the original remote
can do then you might have to go back to that. I know that with my t8 I just turn the box off/on manually,
the mini keyboard will do everything else though.

Chris..

Reactions: oyster61

kelkee

May 27, 2015
Anybody having trouble with the up button not wor king on the i8 remote or know how to get it back working?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@oyster1 -
chris i dont want to power the actual box of just like close the android screen down i manually switch the box of until next time

Closing the Android screen - standby? Not sure if they have this, will poke around for you.

@kelkee - not had any reports of this, can you send an e-mail to [email protected] with your order information and this link: http://www.droidboxforums.com/posts/10867/