Michael Pope

Mar 26, 2015
Hi......Just got one of these new android tv boxes but cant seem to get any of my 3 KODI backups from my previous M8S build (XBMC backup, USB SD CARD WIZARD, KODI backup/restore app) on the usb drive to either read/write (backup/restore) to the box.
Have formatted the drive as removable storage by the box as required by android 6 before installing the files and whilst the drive and its files appears to be recognised by the box in file explorer, it doesnt seem to be able to access the information? Any attempt to backup is returned with no storage error messages from all 3 apps. Strange that some apps (apk installer) can transfer files from the drive to the box without any issues
Does anyone know is this an issue with the apps and the new operating system? Everything else seems to work great....Have tried reinstalling all 3 apps and even reset the box to factory settings without success......I did read there maybe a hidden USB file menu I need to access and adjust? I seem to be running round in circles here.....
Any one else have a problem?
Any help or guidance much appreciated

Regards

Mick

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You may need to contact your box supplier for help Michael. Droidbox's currently do not run Android 6. Maybe some Droidbox users have experienced similar issues with Android 5 and can help. Could the problem be a root permissions thing?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Might also be that the storage device has a new path (compared to the one given in earlier Android versions on other devices), and the applications aren't yet updated to check the "new" location for files.

Michael Pope

Mar 26, 2015
Yes, your so right............after more searching this out recently I came across a you tube video which mentioned that later android systems didn't yet have permission to access certain external sources, many people seemed to be having similar issues, it went on to suggest a workaround which I must admit I hadn't tried. It required using the android boxes internal hard drive to backup the files to instead of an external source, then using a file manger to copy the information back onto the usb drive......And yes, it works.........so hopefully await androids update to their new system
Many thanks for your response.............much appreciated

Reactions: ChrisM