Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, this is my first advice post. I am expecting my new T8 Mini tonight and will be setting it up over the weekend. Is there anything I should know on setup that may help me or is it easy from the startup?
I am intending to use only the Openelec side of it as I am a big fan and also a user of linux. I got this box becouse of the fantastic support.

Here is my main question - If i keep it in openelec and install addons - will I have to replicate the addon settings in the android also or just alter and keep settings in Openelec? and if I alter say TV settings on Openelec do I have to change same settings on Android side or are they different and seperate?

Hope this dont sound too daft.

Thanks in advance
Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Only daft question is the one not asked...
OK, mild exaggeration but you get the idea...

OpenELEC is totally isolated from Android, so changes made in OpenELEC won't be observed within Kodi or DBMC in Android.

You don't have to replicate your setup in Android, however if you actually want to sometimes use Kodi in Android, then you would need to set it up, Android won't auotmatically import your OpenELEC configuration.

Hope that answers your query, do let us know if not.

lordtoran

Aug 26, 2016
Bochum, NRW, Germany
Another dyed-in-the-wool Linux guy here. There is a Kodi addon named „Backup“ for scheduled/manual configuration backups. You could try doing a backup to the cloud or a USB drive from OpenELEC and restoring it on another Kodi installation. That way you would have them synced. Didn’t try that yet myself yet, however, as I’m waiting for a few fixes on the Android side of the T8 Mini.

Android is Linux too, BTW, just not a „classical“ distro :D „About the phone“ in settings even shows you the kernel build and most rooted devices ship with BusyBox, which is sort of (?) compatible with GNU coreutils in „POSIXLY_CORRECT“ mode.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi, Thanks Lordtoran. Im not as much dyed-in-the-wool as just not needing or wanting anything from the Android side of things. I just like the simplicity side of linux.
I dont use any builds or anything - just the basic addons that I need.
Regards
Dave

Gary Moore

Sep 24, 2016
I am new to these boxes and am getting lost easily. Can anyone out there help me with the following.
If I wanted to setup the wookie wizard on t8 mini please how do I go about because all I can find in the droidbox meu is the ares wizard.
Is there a setup guide out there