Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
When I run the miracast app it sees my surface pro 3 in the peer list. But when I try and connect it does nothing. I notice the version of the miracast receive on the mxqpro is a 2014 version - is there anything more recent / way to update?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The version on my mxqpro and also t8s is also dated 2014. The app does not appear in Google play store as far as I can see so don't know where it originated or if there is a later version. Maybe there is and it needs side loading on android boxes.

A quick google of miracast and surface pro issues returns several results. One solution suggests updating drivers on the surface pro. Maybe see if you can find something that matches your problem.
For example:

http://m.winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-fix-miracast-surface-pro-3-running-windows-10

The droidbox share server app which you should see in more apps only works on android and iOS connected devices.

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
It is latest Windows 10 insider build that works with everything else - I think drivers are fine, the miracast in the droid box needs an update IMO to bring it up to spec.

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
Ok, I have more info - when I switched from wired connection to wireless connection on the droid box I get further - the miracst goes black and it tries to display, but then it ends up just saying 'can't connect' on the surface.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'll let the team continue this via e-mail with you, as I don't have this specific model to test with here with me. Can you let them know the above via e-mail, so they have all the info together.