Paulg2906

Jan 12, 2015
Simple question how do I clear this folder ?? When I click on it , it appears to be empty but in storage it says it has 1.5gb in it ??? Tia

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello Paul, From your apps go into Es File Explorer. Then go into tools and Turn ON the Show Hidden Files option. Then go back to Local inside Es File Explorer and search out the folder and delete the content inside it.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Paulg2906 - You may also want to find the large file(s) by expanding the Tools Menu in ES File Explorer and clicking on SD Card Analysis.
The Misc "folder" you refer to isn't a folder AFAIK, but a category of files. Check the Android Apps area of this forum for a thread on tweaking, you can use CCleaner and/or ZDBox to clear out all the caches at once etc.

Paulg2906

Jan 12, 2015
Mmmmm I'm a little lost I can't find this category of files ? 2.5gb of space on my t8 do I really need to clear this ?? Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Which category?
You mentioned the Misc files, and so I was explaining how to find them. If you're happy with them staying there, then yes, you don't need to clear them.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I've covered that above.
The miscellaneous files category shown when you click on Storage is just that. A collection of different miscellaneous files in different locations on your device. You won't find a Misc folder. There isn't one. Those categories within the Storage area are just that, categories of files found on your internal storage.
The SD Card Analysis tool will show you where big files/folders are, you may need to expand the Tools menu and turn on Show Hidden Files to see them all, not sure if the search respects that option or not.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi Paulg2906, did you manage to find the files. I've got 1GB of misc files and looked in ES explorer and done the above, but I only find android and Kodi files and if I delete them I have to run the wizard again.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Reactions: Sal

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Don't delete a lot of different files there. Just the one big ZIP in Kodi's userdata directory (dig down a few levels) David. That isn't required, already run ZDBox and CCleaner?

Reactions: Sal