sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just read up on this:- http://www.husham.com/fmc-information/ Even more options for us streamers in the making. Not sure if it will be a good or bad thing yet. Just realised its quite and old topic from Husham so apologies in advance.

Last edited:

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Very old lol! Its now called SMC (Soulless Media Centre). Most things Husham says its best to take with a pinch of salt...

However, Koying has now left Kodi in pursuit of his own fork SPMC. His aim is better support for the Android community, http://spmc.semperpax.com well worth keeping an eye on, his SPMC was ace on the Ouya.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
So is there going to be another fork of Kodi along with spmc Gaz, I knew he had left hence the spmc 16.1 being released. Cheers mate

Reactions: thegazsheard

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Basically the SMC build that Husham pushes came about when the XBMC foundation decided to 'Take a Stand' against pirate box sellers. Boxes that were pre loaded with kodi and various builds often contained out dated addons.

Because these wouldn't work, genesis for example, people spammed the kodi forums, why don't this work? Where can I get channels etc.

These addons, deemed third party as they give access to copyright material are banned on official kodi forums. Youtubers help answer these questions with various tutorial videos.

Xbmc obviously seen these videos showing people how to use Kodi to get latest films etc and issued a warning to take them down or face consequences. As their name is labeled with copy written material.

SMC came about to 'bridge the gap'. Showing how to tutorials on basically a re skinned kodi. It works exactly the same as kodi but has no mention of kodi.

An interesting thing to note, in kodi 17 there is now a setting in the options saying to allow addons from third party sources. If this isn't selected you cannot install addons from MetalKettle, MuckyDuck etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: