Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you are a Mobdro user for your sports viewing, you might be interested in this. Most peoples version of mobdro will probably be at 1.2.32. I've seen this on many android devices, phones tablets etc, not just droidbox.
For some reason they had not sent out any updates after this, hence a lot of links will not currently work.
They seem to have set up a new website now at mobdro.com and I checked that the latest freemium version is at 1.2.211 !
If you want to get this, this is what I did.

1. I deleted the old version of mobdro from settings>apps>uninstall
2. Go to https://mobdro.com using a browser
3. Download the latest mobdro .apk. Ok the warning message. It will go to your android default downloads folder.
4. Important: in settings>security make sure "install from unknown sources" is ticked, even if only temporarily
5. Go to your android downloads folder (either using file explorer or the "downloads" android app).
6. Click on the apk and it will install
7. Open it and go.

No doubt links will still be unavailable, that's life. But at least it's a newer version.
I don't know if it will auto update like it used to.

GerryM32

Jan 11, 2015
I didn't bother deleting from apps, just went to the website and downloaded the latest version as an update to the existing....30 seconds...job done

Reactions: David Savage

bazsim

Jun 29, 2015
If you are a Mobdro user for your sports viewing, you might be interested in this. Most peoples version of mobdro will probably be at 1.2.32. I've seen this on many android devices, phones tablets etc, not just droidbox.
For some reason they had not sent out any updates after this, hence a lot of links will not currently work.
They seem to have set up a new website now at mobdro.com and I checked that the latest freemium version is at 1.2.211 !
If you want to get this, this is what I did.

1. I deleted the old version of mobdro from settings>apps>uninstall
2. Go to https://mobdro.com using a browser
3. Download the latest mobdro .apk. Ok the warning message. It will go to your android default downloads folder.
4. Important: in settings>security make sure "install from unknown sources" is ticked, even if only temporarily
5. Go to your android downloads folder (either using file explorer or the "downloads" android app).
6. Click on the apk and it will install
7. Open it and go.

No doubt links will still be unavailable, that's life. But at least it's a newer version.
I don't know if it will auto update like it used to.
never had mobdro on my droid box for a year , so thanks for this info. ... it works . yippee

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Thanks for the link! I just looked and in fact it says Current Version: 1.2.446

Regards,

Reactions: bazsim

jonajuna

Jan 2, 2016
Trouble with mobdro is quality of feeds and the damn adverts. Premium has been offered forever but never appears.....only "coming soon"

robit

Jun 6, 2015
I'm not sure what's on my box, but I had it on my phone from the beginning an managed to buy the Premium. Think it was about 90p then. A couple of weeks later my wife tried to buy, but by then that choice had been withdrawn. The funny thing is, that on my phone it now says Freemium o_O :) No adverts though.
Must check what it says on the T8s,

Regards,

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try the UKTVNOW android app as a MOBDRO alternative. Very good at the moment. Plenty of adverts though.

Reactions: bazsim

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Avoid the above.
The official website is NOT newmobdro.com which the above link takes you to.