joesnose

May 9, 2022
does anyone have a copy of the firmware......tried flashing the one linked to by droidx and it killed my phone! can still get to edl but otherwise phone boots with a black screen.

thanks droidx.

edit......moderators ......can you have the firmware file removed from your site at least to confirm the issue?

Last edited:

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi there,

What happens if you boot into the bootloader/download mode? Can your PC detect the MOQi as a fastboot device?
You can confirm that by running "fastboot devices" or "./fastboot devices" (Providing you have the Android SDK installed)

We have tested internally this guide before posting it, and it has worked on multiple occasions. The flashing process has quite a few steps and we (people of the forum) would need a error log if we were to help with your device.

joesnose

May 9, 2022
Hi there,

What happens if you boot into the bootloader/download mode? Can your PC detect the MOQi as a fastboot device?
You can confirm that by running "fastboot devices" or "./fastboot devices" (Providing you have the Android SDK installed)

We have tested internally this guide before posting it, and it has worked on multiple occasions. The flashing process has quite a few steps and we (people of the forum) would need a error log if we were to help with your device.
I can access fastboot..... would need some info on gerating and collecting logs from fastboot.

Thanks

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi there,

If it boots into Fastboot, then you should be able to try to reflash the device using the official firmware as per: moqi i7s firmware - Google Search

Make sure you leave it on charge for 1-2 hours first, just to make sure it won't power off. Also, don't unplug it until the progress bar shows that it's done flashing

joesnose

May 9, 2022
Hi there,

If it boots into Fastboot, then you should be able to try to reflash the device using the official firmware as per: moqi i7s firmware - Google Search

Make sure you leave it on charge for 1-2 hours first, just to make sure it won't power off. Also, don't unplug it until the progress bar shows that it's done flashing
Problem is firmware files don't seem to be available and all links are dead.

when I try flashing the firmware files you link to it is over in about 20 seconds.....seems to be not flashing many parts of the firmware. Lots of the files appear to be in chunks as apposed to one system image there are multiple. Perhaps this is the problem with your firmware.

joesnose

May 9, 2022
Small update ......managed to install the firmware hosted on your site........the instructions says to use rawprogram0_NOFLASH_FSG.xml .......but in fact it only works with rawprogram_unsparse_NOFLASH_FSG.xml.

This flash works........however, my phone boots with a black screen.......it lights up but remains black but I can hear android booting.

Anyone know how to fix this issue.

And could you fix the instructions on your website droidx please.

Last edited:

MagicMyrddin

Jan 5, 2023
Small update ......managed to install the firmware hosted on your site........the instructions says to use rawprogram0_NOFLASH_FSG.xml .......but in fact it only works with rawprogram_unsparse_NOFLASH_FSG.xml.

This flash works........however, my phone boots with a black screen.......it lights up but remains black but I can hear android booting.

Anyone know how to fix this issue.

And could you fix the instructions on your website droidx please.
I have it all on r/Moqi on Reddit. Come find me.