droidks

Dec 30, 2016
OK, I have installed a HDD and it shows up in file explorer. I still cannot access it as a download location for Google Play movies. Is there a trick that will make this happen?

droidks

Dec 30, 2016
Sorry, but that does not help. Neither Google Play or Vudu are showing the internally installed drive as an option to download content to. Best I can see is they do not support it. If Droidbox has a way to make it happen, that is what I need to know as I am not seeing it.

droidks

Dec 30, 2016
I ran the update and applied the fix, but still could not write to the HDD. This seems to be a problem with Google Play Movies and Vudu. Are others able to download content from these two providers to the HDD? If so, then I know I am still doing something wrong.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Something like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=en might work. If this approach worked, the app would think it was writing to internal storage, but Android would be redirecting the data to external media.
The Play Store has a refund period for purchases, so it might be worth getting everything ready to test, then if it didn't work, you could ask for a refund within time.