Lee1892

Aug 28, 2014
Hi i'm new to the forum, just set my box up today and trying to get my head round it - by watching youtube video's to try and help me along. I've tried to watch a few movies but the length is only 50+ minutes and not the full movie? Is this normal?

Also which it the best place to stream the movies (my download speed is only about 5mb so HD's are no good, however once i get the hang of navigating around it's likely i'll upgrade my broadband).

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
MashUp and NaviX tend to be my go to add-ons for TV series and films. Regarding the films, they should play to the end, not shut after 50 minutes or so. My internet is only ~6.2Mbit/sec, but I'm normally able to play 720p and 1080p streams. It partially depends on how they were encoded, in terms of the amount of compression used.

Can you give me a step by step example of one movie that cuts out? Something like
XBMC>Video>Add-ons>ExampleOfAnAdd-OnName>ExampleOfAnArea>ExampleOfFilmName>ExampleOfSourceName ... I'll then replicate it and make sure there isn't a problem with the source file itself.

Lee

Aug 27, 2014
xbmc>movies>GlowMoviesHD>All>TheInbetweeners2

The play time for the movie is just 50mins, its the same on every movie i've looked at on there except transformers 4 via Glow Movies, shame because the picture quality is fantastic.

I haven't fully explored MashedUp or NaviX but will do tonight, thanks

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You're absolutely spot on there. I've just repeated that on XBMC on my PC, to make sure it wasn't a bizarre Android/add-on compatibility issue, but I'm getting the same issue.
Right, I've just googled the add-on name and found the author's thread. If you jump to page 7 - http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/threads/19784-RELEASE-Glow-Movies-HD-addon/page7 - you'll see this isn't personal! Unless the add-on is updated, it just won't work as films are now split in two (I'm guessing maybe three for very long ones), but this add-on only displays the first one.
Check out mashup, navi-x and the other add-ons in the mean time.