geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
I added the alluc addon and now none of my movies work. I thought when you went to movies from the main menu it looked through all your addons? I feel now like I set all my movies to go through alluc addon and now it wont work. My tv shows work and my tv guide shows but no movies. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You need to register at the Alluc main web site, receive an email back then enter details into the addon, either on first use or later via the config menu.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have checked my version of Alluc (1.1.2) and it is returning full lists under popular and trending movies. I would also check you have the latest version.

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
I cant seem to find the version number of alluc on Nemesis anywhere but I followed the online instructions to load it so I'm pretty sure I have the latest version. It kind of works but I want the main screen under movies to work when I select a movie. It seems now I have to go to the exodus app or the alluc app to get movies to work. How do I get the main screen movies to work?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ah. I see you are using a pre-prepared build (nemesis)
I hadn't picked that up from your initial post.
I have no idea how these are designed or put together.
I just run the 10-15 Addons I need which I loaded manually.
And the no bells and whistles default confluence skin.
If you are going to use a build try Sean's build.
He is on this forum and can offer support and help (you can get it via the wookie wizard)

Reactions: David Savage

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
What is a pre-prepared build? I have kodi 16.1 Jarvis and then I loaded Nemesis.

When you load an addon (alluc) do all your movie then go through that addon?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes. Nemesis (and Sean's build) are examples of pre prepared builds where someone has done all the work to give you their selection of addons with nice menus and access routes to the content. Some are better than others. Some are bloated and inefficient with loads of Addons you would never use.
Loading an additional addon should not make all your movies go through that addon.
Did you register with Alluc on their web site by the way? That may be the cause of empty lists as I have confirmed that the stand alone addon works fine.
Sean's build gets good press here so if you are going to use a build use that.

Last edited:

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
Yes. I registered when I installed it. I got a movie to work but my standard movies under the "Movies" icon wont work anymore. It "seems" like everything is going through alluc.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It sounds like me that you would be better off uninstalling nemesis and installing seans build then leave well alone (go into android - settings - apps - kodi (or dbmc if you use that) - stop app then clear cache and data to clean out nemesis), follow Dave's instructions to install seans build).
Alternatively, set up the 10-15 addons you actually use, manually, using the guides at the seo michael site.

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
I cleared cache and data. Would that put me on pure Kodi Jarvis 16.1 as it says on the splash screen?

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
Found it. Installing now. Can I install a skin over this? A build that has more addon shortcuts. Or would that replace Seans build? I confuse builds an skins, or are they the same? Thanks.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi my build is using the aeon nox silvo skin, if you install another skin you will lose all menu shortcuts/items. Each build is built using a specific skin, deviate from that skin (why install a build?)

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
So how is a build different than a skin or separate? Your skin and build is cool I just want to add more shortcuts like Alluc. I also want a tv guide for the US and UK for live tv. I'm not totally sure how to add these thing except from using other builds/skins.
Does a build sit on top of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 that I have? Then does a skin sit on top of the build? Thanks Sean. I like the pic files on your build :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A "skin" is simply the appearance of the menu screen. A build is a collection of Addons programmed into a package that you can load onto your box. Many builds use the "aeon nox" skin. The default Kodi skin is "confluence".

Reactions: sean99

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
So how is a build different than a skin or separate? Your skin and build is cool I just want to add more shortcuts like Alluc. I also want a tv guide for the US and UK for live tv. I'm not totally sure how to add these thing except from using other builds/skins.
Does a build sit on top of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 that I have? Then does a skin sit on top of the build? Thanks Sean. I like the pic files on your build :)
Different skins have different customisations (that change the appearance from the default version of that skin setting) each one can be tweaked but others can be tweaked a lot more like the aeon nox silvo the modded version of aeon nox @Nigelar refers to is highly customisable. First off a build needs a skin, then it needs addons and background pics then it gets customised to the builders preferences. Glad you enjoy the look of my build but I don't think its right for your needs regarding uk and us tv guides. You should be looking at the likes of RenegadesTV guide or Ivue TV guide but I think you have to install the addons the tv guides need to use, yourself. Look here

Last edited:

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
If you want to install Alluc in my build goto add-ons/ install from zip file/ fusion/ english/ dudehere/ install and wait for notification its enabled/ go back to add-ons/ install from repository/ dudehere repo/ install alluc. Can now be accessed from video addons

geekgirrl

Jan 10, 2017
EXCELLENT info Sean & Nigelar!!! I'm learning this by experience. You'd think with 20 years of design engineering I'd pick this up easier. There doesn't seem to be a user guide. I've looked through the guides in this forum but they are more for specific things.
One thing about your build Sean is the sub menus under programs/exodus etc are off the bottom of my screen actually. I can only read half of them. If I go into Exodus I can see them but if I just push down on the controller to go below the Exodus menu then I'm half off the screen. Is this intentional?

You dont think this is the right build for me if I want uk tv? Cant we just add different addons to make every build pretty much what we want?
I also like adding shortcuts of the addons I use most. Can I do this in your build or are your shortcuts set? Like when I add Alluc I would like a shortcut for it right next to Exodus. Thanks.