Tom McMahon

Feb 19, 2015
When I try to download a film on hd movies the film starts to download and goes into downloads but becomes unsuccessful because there isn't enough space on external storage.

Is there a way round this so I can get the movies on to a memory stick ? I have a 64 GB memory stick so should be able to get a few films on it for a friend, but was just wondering if there a possible way of doing this.

Charlie Boy

Mar 24, 2015
I have had the same problem. Surely some of the experts out there could explain if this is achievable and give instruction to the novices.

Thanks, looking forward to answer.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
There is a workaround within the Showbox application, see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq/use-showbox-to-download-directly-to-external-storage/

For this add-on specifically, I would open up the ES File Explorer app (check My Apps, All Apps, Apps or a circle with six dots), expand the TOOLS menu on the left, and click on SD Card Analyst.
Navigate through and find the big movies/downloads taking up the most space on your device right now. Once located, you can then cut and paste them to your USB thumb drive.
With enough space created on the DroidBOX, you can now download the new film, and then don't forget to cut and paste that one as well, keeping the DroidBOX clear enough to download more in the future, and just filling up your USB thumb drive, one cut and paste at a time.
This is assuming there isn't an option within the add-on to select a different download location. To check, highlight the add-on, but DON'T click OK. Instead, click the MENU button on your remote (three or four horizontal lines normally), then select Add-on Settings.