basils57

Dec 9, 2016
I'm a bit new to this box business, and am having a problem where when I insert an SD card with movies on it, it doesn't appear to being recognised within File Browser. Conversely, using a USB stick with movies on is being recognised, and I can play these.
The SD card is playing the movies without any problem on my computer.

Any held would be much appreciated.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Just a suggestion. If the memory card is not formatted to fat32 compliance, it will not be recognised in android. It might be that.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I would definitely try backing up the card's data and then formatting to FAT32, not exFAT.
If that solves it, let us know and we'll check what can be done with exFAT partitions.

Richie M

Feb 14, 2017
Hi guys, new to this site and I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules, but how do I change my internal storage to SD card?

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Unless you running android 6 Marshmallow, you cant change your default storage. If you are, then go to android settings, select storage, choose your memory card, and select 'Use As Storage'. It will reformat the card and then you'l be able to use it as default.

However, if you just want to use it in android as an extra storage media, just format it as FAT32 and it will be recognised to use.

Reactions: Richie M

Crucial

Mar 11, 2017
If you flashed a new ROM just before having that issue, you should flash back to a working ROM.

I ran into the same issue when I was experimenting with different ROMs not designed for my box. Even though some of these boxes shared the EXACT SAME specs, I had issues booting from SD and getting into recovery with the hidden reset button.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk