Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We'll start with the video players. MX Player normally comes pre-installed on your DroidBOX device, but just in case I've listed it here. Don't forget to open Google's Play Store app, sign in, and bring up the list of installed applications. Click on one of them, and tick the Allow Auto-Update option, then confirm you're certain.

Video players
BSPlayer FREE - Occasionally does a better job than MX Player, but I tend to leave it as a 2nd or 3rd option
MX Player - The go to app for video playing
VLC for Android Beta - If nothing else plays a file you've downloaded, or you like the desktop application, this is a worthwhile app to install

Radioplayer: Discover UK Radio - Whether you're in Britain, but want to have one app to listen to a lot of different commercial and BBC radio stations, or you're away from home and want to listen to The Archers or the Top 40, Radioplayer is worth an install.

BubbleUPnP (Chromecast/DLNA) - You can use this to send media from your own device or other media servers, to devices elsewhere on your home network.
CheapCast - BETA status - I've not had a chance to test this yet, but the idea behind the app is that you turn your Android device (be it a DroidBOX model, or a phone/tablet) into a pretend Chromecast. This means that any app on your PC or other devices that are capable of casting to a Chromecast may then be able to cast to the device this app is installed on. If that makes no sense, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.