Cillian McGivern

Sep 24, 2014
I've had the M6 model from Christmas and I've only experienced minor, easy fixed issues.
My XBMC add-ons will not work due to "script failures" and when I go to XBMC help to do add-on updates, restore or quick fix I'm met with a "update package version error" message.
As well as this, the catchup TV app will not boot. The internet browser works fine so I know it's not the internet connection. I've tried a factory reboot to no avail. It was running fine just yesterday.
Any ideas please?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Did you do a factory reset via the Android Settings menu, or the Recovery Menu?
I'd try the Recovery Menu if you've not already done so. See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ for the procedure on an M6, when you get to the text-based menu, select Wipe data/factory reset, confirm you're certain, once completed and you've rebooted, complete any set up menus if they're presented, and then leave it at the Android launcher homescreen for 20 minutes - please don't open anything or reboot.
The apps should automatically reinstall in that time. If they don't, you can grab the correct XBMC from here - Original XBMC (V12/Frodo) For iMX6 (Android) Devices (don't worry, the iMX6 version is for an M6 as well). Contact us for the other apps, including the details Ahmed mentioned.