doz1990

Jan 10, 2016
Got a MX android box.. plugged in Hdmi and power supply but can't seem to get a picture on the TV. . Any ideas of what I can do? the light comes on as well

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
If it's just no picture on the TV at all then check you have the right input on your TV(using remote). Try another HDMI cable and try another input most TVs have more then one.
How old is the box...if you have another TV try it on that one.

doz1990

Jan 10, 2016
My friend gave it me said it works.. could give you the model of the box.. tried another tv and HDMI.. i don't need to put an ethernet in? its no signal no picture or sound. but light comes on

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
There's one more thing you could try after that and it's a factory reset.
You need to find you reset button on your box...
Then power off and push the reset button in(tooth pick if you have one) and hold it in and power on. Keep hold for 10 secs then the recovery menu should pop up.
If you not sure then ask your friend to help....
Sorry I haven't been able you help sort it out for you.

Good luck

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
First thought is 1080p mode (or a specific refresh rate) being manually set using your friends TV previously that your TV can't handle.
If a different TV works OK, head to Settings and look for an area to change the HDMI mode to 720. Make sure it sets OK, then plug back into your original TV.

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
I have a friend with the same model and he has a faulty hdmi port, to get it to work he has to wiggle the hdmi cable, personally If that was the case I would just throw it in the bin