Slighty

Dec 17, 2015
Dear all

My 1st post as I have had me MX Droibox prob 18 months without a single headache. However something crazy happened this Monday.

My daughter and I watched Frosty the snowman, I left the box on but flicked back to 'TV', returning to the Droibox source an hour r or so later to find the "Welcome' screen. .. Thank you for buying/having to set up the WiFi etc as if brand new/factory settings.

On setting up WiFi etc I find no XBMC I can't remember if I installed (OR HOW) originally so I got an *.apk of Kodi onto a USB , then on trying to install the box tells me 'no space available'. On checking my storage settings it appears I have 0% free.. what is going on? What has that 20 min 1960s Frosty done to my set up? Any advice, 'lintels etc are welcome... I am fairly tech say but as I say have had to tinker ,kettle with my device so a y solutions please describe throughly.

Thank you in advance

Merry Christmas and Happy new year

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

What happens when you are watching online Videos or other TV shows inside XBMC or Kodi it keeps creating Cache files or temp files on internal main memory and the time reaches when the memory gets filled up by these temp files or Caches files and then it will not allow you to watch anything inside XBMC or Kodi.
If your memory is full then follow the video given below to clear data and reinstall Wookie wizard inside XBMC or Kodi:

If you are not able to find XBMC or Kodi on your device then follow the below link to install new version of Kodi(15.2) on your device:
https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/kodi-spmc-and-dbmc-downloads/

And always make sure that after you are done by watching TV shows inside Kodi you Exit XBMC or Kodi properly by pressing on Power icon next to Star icon at the bottom left of the main screen of Kodi. After pressing on Power icon it will take few seconds to Exit XBMC or Kodi but it will Exit it properly and will prevent the XBMC or Kodi from creating Cache files or temp files.

Hope it helps you out.

Slighty

Dec 17, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply, the issue gets more cryptic

I fired up the Justop MX in hope this would solve BUT on loading I found it AGAIN refereed back to the "Welcome " screen i.e. set up WiFi etc...did all that yesterday. So it hasn't stored the settings.

Your advice on clearing Cache is great and worth noting, however ALL my media apps that would have gathered such data are gone...missing...deleted... XBMC, Film On , Modbro... gone, I seem to be back to a basic Android set. YET there is NO space available, internally, in storage (setting) it says Apps (app data and media content) 66.mb ..(Audio is 22kb!!) and that is it, full up, nothing to spare - yet I am sure the unit came with some 8gb of storage....thus can not reinstall KODI etc. It is almost like there is a partition or something.

In short I have a device with no memory to store settings (WiFi etc) and (other than factory) no apps, and no ability to add any.

It seems like suddenly the device has, Formatted, and lost all storage with it. Ironically I wanted to format as had some toot on there i wanted rid of but usually this frees up space to be reused... very very strange

Thank you again but again any further advice is welcomed .

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I had one of those Justop boxes before I bought my new box from Droidbox. You could ask the Justop support people if they have any solutions. Maybe they can point you to a system restore function which will at least get your default android apps back (browser, google play etc). They have a forum as well so you could look at that to see if anyone has had similar problems. I found my box was constantly filling up and I continually had to delete stuff. The area available for apps was around 1gb and although some stuff could be moved to another area of memory, even that proved limited. If you can get anything back, use the default file manager to analyse what is consuming space.