Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
Hi droidbox

I have purchased a t8 from you guys at start of year and no problems what so ever, I'm wondering if you guys would know anything about the mx2 box as I am having a issue with android man led down with exclamation sign, also there is no sd card slot so not sure how to reset, I was given the box from a friend so cannot return it or anything so thought as this forum is normally so helpful that maybe I could get some help?

Thank you

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, you need to find the restore button, then when you find it power off and push it in and hold, now power on again still holding the restore button in.
You should get the recovery menu up and from here you need to do a factory reset, you will need the box connected to the Internet if posible.
If the box reboots just leave it to restore itself. Sometimes this can take awhile...
Give it ago see if it works...

Good luck

Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
Hi, you need to find the restore button, then when you find it power off and push it in and hold, now power on again still holding the restore button in.
You should get the recovery menu up and from here you need to do a factory reset, you will need the box connected to the Internet if posible.
If the box reboots just leave it to restore itself. Sometimes this can take awhile...
Give it ago see if it works...

Good luck

Thank you for your response I cannot seem to find a reset button anywhere, there a small hole on bottom but does not work, I took the box apart and where the hole is there is no button but a square tiny gold panel but cannot see how it would reset

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Check the AV slot, if I remember the mx2 box is like the imx6 box and the reset button is there. Use a tooth pick to push and hold this button in, you should feel it at the bottom.

Good luck

Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
Check the AV slot, if I remember the mx2 box is like the imx6 box and the reset button is there. Use a tooth pick to push and hold this button in, you should feel it at the bottom.

Good luck

Thanks again for reply, can't see or feel any reset button in any of 3 audio port, there is a button in between 2 USB ports which needs a toothpick to press in, on circuit board the button called boot or root, tried to press and turn power back on but just get the rock chip logo the android man led down again, not even convinced it is a mx2 as its long box with 2 antennas

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Don't sound like an imx6 as that does not have antennas on it.
But I think the restore button is on the side like the T8, which is also between the USB ports.
So give that ago sometimes can take a few time to get the recovery menu up...but if you just get the android man lying down then it might be bricked and become a paper weight.

Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
Hi, Have a look at this see if it helps you. MX2 should be like IMX6 box.

https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/

Ok so the box is complete different it's sane shape as t8 with 3 audio sockets red, white, yellow, 2 antennas on off switch at back with 2 usb sockets, and no where near the quality of a t8 it's slightly longer actually I am so confused as to what this box is now, I know abit about these boxes but this has thrown me right off course haha, any other help please

Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
I press the little hole in back in between 2 sub ports power on keep holding until rock chip logo appears then straight to android man? Then if leave turns off and back on on its own and sane sequence

Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
Hi again so friend I got box from has asked the seller from where he bought from (eBay) for some help as has 2 year warranty they said straight away that it's a virus and to pay £25 + postage to send it back but cannot guarantee they can sort it, this sounds odd as no thread have I heard a virus doing this, anyone have any views about this please

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The virus sounds like a lazy response. If there is a fault with the device, fair enough on covering postage, but they should cover the cost of reflashing or replacing it. Can you link to the product somewhere, or take some photos?

Paul britton

Oct 18, 2015
The virus sounds like a lazy response. If there is a fault with the device, fair enough on covering postage, but they should cover the cost of reflashing or replacing it. Can you link to the product somewhere, or take some photos?

Thank you for your reply they have now said if I send back they will look at for nothing after chucking a few groans about the box and comparing it to the quality of the t8 and why would there box get viruses and t8 not getting any issues what so ever, again thanks for taking the time to help and comment on my question, great customer service from a great company, will keep you posted on my progress. Can you direct me in another question, I will probably update the t8 in new year for a new model, is it worth me getting t8- s or is there something new coming out worth waiting for ?