Klava

Jun 5, 2016
My MXQ box wont load any streams from the add-ons. Every time I try to it starts to load for about 2 secs then shuts down and goes back to the streams page. Any idea what is wrong?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
There could be any number of reasons.
The most obvious thing is to ensure you have a good internet connection.
You might also want to check that you have enough free memory (clear cache in android settings - apps - kodi).
If that fails contact the box supplier to see what support they offer.

Chssa

Jul 19, 2019
I recently bought a replacement remote for mxq box 4K I am having trouble using this it doesn’t work on box do I need to pair this ?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
I recently bought a replacement remote for mxq box 4K I am having trouble using this it doesn’t work on box do I need to pair this ?
Some android box models make use of Infrared (IR) remotes instead of wireless USB ones. If your remote has a little glass/plastic ball on the front end of it, it's likely the former.
IR remotes have a unique code that allows them to automatically send and receive signals from devices that recognise the code. This code is typically per-model and not per-device (so one remote can work with multiple devices of the same model, and vice versa).
You'll need to make sure that the replacement remote you got was explicitly intended to be used with the android box model you have, otherwise it likely won't function due to lacking a correct IR code. Some similar looking remotes may have a completely different IR code.

Alternatively you could buy a wireless USB remote/keyboard; those generally work out-of-the-box with most android devices. We have a range available on our site at this link. Use the code SUMMER10 at checkout for 10% off.