Hwfrostbite

Oct 18, 2018
Hey everyone, this has probably been answered countless times. But I am having an issue with my mxq pro 4k, my mother gave it to me as it was 'too slow' for her, my wife and I were gon a buy one anyways.

Problem is...

It was initially freezing and becoming inactive while using the droid box menu, or Kodi.

I did a reset on it, and now it freezes at the MBOX logo. If it makes it there that is...

Honestly I haven't done much except for resetting it, kinda gave up for the night feeling a tad bit defeated. Watched lots of videos... and done alot ot reading trying to figure the issue out...

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Brad

Hwfrostbite

Oct 18, 2018
Okay so I left it on and got to the 'device test tool' area... and now its frozen. Could it be an overheating issue? Possibly reapply thermal paste. I assume it has a heatsink and no fan?

Attachments

• 20181018_061013.jpg
    20181018_061013.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 298

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do you know what version of the Droidbox imxq pro you have? If you have v2 you could try reflashing the firmware. There's a link in that section of the forum. Note the warning there saying it is only for that model (droidbox imxq pro v2 not the previous 1.2 model)

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I have not seen this screen before, although it is only part of the screen so I can't be 100% sure. Are you sure it is one of our devices? Please email us at [email protected] with your order number or the full name and post code the order was sent to and we can find out which model it is.

Hwfrostbite

Oct 18, 2018
I have not seen this screen before, although it is only part of the screen so I can't be 100% sure. Are you sure it is one of our devices? Please email us at [email protected] with your order number or the full name and post code the order was sent to and we can find out which model it is.

Do you know what version of the Droidbox imxq pro you have? If you have v2 you could try reflashing the firmware. There's a link in that section of the forum. Note the warning there saying it is only for that model (droidbox imxq pro v2 not the previous 1.2 model)

I receieved the box from my mother, so I have no idea when she got it and if i can get that info, I do know, it is

MxQ Pro 4k, S905x firmware, Kodi 17.4 Krypton

Any help would be appreciated, I have gotten it running periodically, but it keeps freezing, everywhere. Settings, Kodi, browser and so on

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It actually sounds like it is a dud machine as you should not be experiencing those issues. Possibly some hardware failure if a factory reset has not resolved.
It does not sound like a Droidbox supplied machine.
You could still try a firmware reflash. The problem is the firmware may not be compatible and you could brick the machine. If you are prepared to take the risk, search the freaktabs forum and try one of the firmwares for your processor type there (the problem is that there may be different firmwares for the same processor type). Or as a last resort the firmware for Droidbox supplied imxq pro V2 which you can find in that same section of the forum.

But it does sound like the box is end of life. Consider the Droidbox range for your next box.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.