Tbot91

Sep 18, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but hoping I'll get some feedback.

I have had my MXQ Pro 4k Android TV box for just over 6 months, and I was asked to update my Netflix app as it would not open otherwise. When doing so, it made me delete the app and I haven't been able to get Netflix since. It doesn't even come up in the Google Play Store to try and download.

Anyone have a similar problem and have an idea on how to resolve it?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you define 'not working" a bit better?
Were you able to download from aptoide?
What happens when you try to open the app?
Any error messages?

Ceefcee

Sep 25, 2019
I have just recieved my new Droix A95X & have this exact problem. Called Netflix Support & was given the same workaround mentioned by Nigelar above.
Netflix support told me that because Droix is not certified by Google that Netflix will never work on this device long term.
This brand is a Chinese knock-off of Android I was told.
Looks like I have been ripped off.

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ripped off by who? Netflix?
As suggested, look for an older compatible version before Netflix introduced an incompatible one. And shout at Netflix as well for doing so.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
While Netflix is on the device we do not advertise it or mention on any of our listings that do not support it. The A95X has a version of Netflix that worked at the time but as we can not guarantee it will continue working we do not include it in the product listing.

You can try installing an older one as mentioned in the previous post.

Ceefcee

Sep 25, 2019
Have spent a long time on the phone with Netflix support. (I pay for Netflix BTW).
Their take is that their cloud systems get 1000's of Cyber Attacks from these Chinese knock-off Android TV devices, so they have had to Blacklist them.
Netflix also blocks attempts to login from the Web Browser.

Have also tried installing various apps from the genuine Google App store. Some refuse to install because the device is not a genuine, certified Google product.
I can't take the risk of installling the suggested Dark Web app store platforms. That would punch a hole in my dedicated Firewall.

(BTW ... I have had my Netflix account hacked from an IP Address in India, so I am on Netflix's side.)

Last edited:

Ceefcee

Sep 25, 2019
My mistake .... Droix have omitted pictures of the Remote Control. I saw that on other listings such as (this listing is also £17 cheaper :)
(Link to competitor's product removed by admin)

mikebetts

Oct 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but hoping I'll get some feedback.

I have had my MXQ Pro 4k Android TV box for just over 6 months, and I was asked to update my Netflix app as it would not open otherwise. When doing so, it made me delete the app and I haven't been able to get Netflix since. It doesn't even come up in the Google Play Store to try and download.

I had the exact same problem.
Uninstall Netlix. Install Netflix version 4.7.0 Build 7941.
When app opens if it says 'New version found would you like to update' click cancel and sign in.
You cannot update Netflix after installing this version, you will be back where you are now.

mikebetts

Oct 29, 2019

Uninstall Netflix current version. Install Netflix 4.7.0 Build 7941. You can download this version from Google. When the app opens if it says' New version found would you like to update' click cancel and sign in.
In the future do not update, you will be back where you are now.