Brian Cooper

Jun 7, 2018
Letter keys on remote.

Only had this a few weeks, so forgive me if this is a silly question. My remote has keys labelled 2abc, 3def, 4ghi, etc.
And, in the bottom left, a key labelled 1/A/a. On any remote I've used before, that key switches numeric to letters and changes case, but it doesn't seem to do that, or anything really.

So, just how do I use the remote to type letters?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Is this the stock remote that came with the box?
They are usually pretty rubbish. In your case I would expect the button you mention to switch case.
Your only other option is to use the android on screen keyboard I think.
Maybe consider one of the remotes from the Droidbox range?

https://droidbox.co.uk/accessories.html

I have the VIP remote and it is far better than the standard remote.

Last edited:

Brian Cooper

Jun 7, 2018
It is the stock remote, and I can use the on-screen keyboard. This is an annoying one, not a critical one.

Thanks

S Cristian

Cris
Staff member
Dec 20, 2016
London
droix.co.uk
Brian,

The original IR Remotes are fairly simple, and designed for minimal usage.

You want to go Pro with the DroidBOX i9 Mini-Keyboard (Click HERE) for its listing. It has recently went a small overhaul and it is back-lit as well!

Brian Cooper

Jun 7, 2018
Thanks, I actually have a wireless keyboard that I could plug in if need be. I just wanted to find out how to use the remote to write letters.

Brian Cooper

Jun 7, 2018
Brian,

The original IR Remotes are fairly simple, and designed for minimal usage.

You want to go Pro with the DroidBOX i9 Mini-Keyboard (Click HERE) for its listing. It has recently went a small overhaul and it is back-lit as well!

Had a good look at this remote, looks cool. Not in the UK at the moment and don't want to pay shipping, so have ordered this one;
https://www.lazada.co.th/-i12870165...tails_title..12ea6108PTtlAC&urlFlag=true&mp=1

Looks the same, specs too, so hopefully its the same one under a different label. Costs about £9.50 delivered.

Thanks