rael74nyc

Apr 17, 2020
Hi guys,

I have used a cheap MXQ Pro 4K fine for the past year. My kids are mainly using Titanium and Cinema apks to watch series and the odd movie. Over the last month I have noticed the playback buffering a lot and now less and less streams are being found. When streams are found often nothing loads. I have reinstalled all the apks and also done a factory reset.

There is a chance the problem could be related to recent coronavirus lockdown and the sheer amount of bandwidth my street is using up? However, my normal home internet, gaming etc are fine.

Any advice most welcome

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Does youtube play ok? If so the issue is likely to be with the hosting providers. Maybe overload on their servers, as you suggest due to more demand. I often find that advertised links don't play though, even in the pre covid days.

rael74nyc

Apr 17, 2020
Youtube is fine, yes.
I am discussing this issue (link removed by admin). See what you think.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If youtube works ok then it suggests there is nothing wrong with your box or internet connection.
The issue will be the streaming apps you are using, presumably free.
Unfortunately if you want guaranteed peformance you need to pay legal subscription services. Or continue to get hit or miss performance with the free streaming apps.
Kodi may give you more choice. Or consider one of the premium streaming services like realdebrid or premiumize.