palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
I have an old MXQ QUAD CORE ANDROID TV pretty useless but its never been updated coz it doesnt automatially. Does anyone know where I can get an update and which one I would choose and how to update using MXQ QUAD CORE ANDROID TV
Also can someone give me a link to download dbmc i'd like to try and install it on the mxq
Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It is not clear from your post what it is you want to update.

Do you mean Android?
If so you will need to find a firmware for your particular machine. Google might help you. But beware that there is a risk you could brick the machine if you do the update incorrectly or load an incorrect firmware.
So if you meant that, I would advise against.

You should be able to update any Google apps running by ensuring you install the latest versions from Google play store.

If you want to update Kodi, you can get the latest version from the google play store.
You can find a version of Droidbox' fork of Kodi (DBMC) from the Droidbox how to page (access from the main Droidbox page). I don't know how that would perform on a non Droidbox machine, so if you are looking for a version of Kodi specifically tuned for android then you might look at the latest version of SPMC (that use to be in Google play store as well).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Reactions: palpatine