crapwizard

Jun 4, 2016
I feel exhausted from my first few days with a Droidbox. It's been a test trying to work out how this Kodi thing works but last night I finally got my head round loading some add ons but now there's no sound. I'm gutted.

I've gone through video posts, forum posts, re-booted, changed the HDMI cable for a new one, made sure that Digital Audio Auto Detect is enabled. (PCM)

I can hear system sounds (the little clicks) but nothing when I stream content. I'm now hours into trying to solve this so thought I'd ask the experts.

I'm on a Philips TV. (UVSH V320B1) and the TV and VHS/DVD has sound, just not the Droidbox/Kodi. Any help would be really appreciated. :)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you check one of the android apps e.g. youtube and report back.

crapwizard

Jun 4, 2016
Audio and Subtitle settings are:

grab.JPG

crapwizard

Jun 4, 2016
Finally worked it out. Phew. The screen calibration is out on my TV, so when you hit the AUDIO button on the standard box remote, it's off the screen at the top. Still not figured out how to line up the screen.

Attachments

• grab2.JPG
    grab2.JPG
    474.2 KB · Views: 157

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You can adjust the screen display zoom level for everything in the main android home screen settings.
If it is just kodi you need to adjust, play a stream then click on the film icon. There are zoom options there. Adjust then set as default. Try the general android options first.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the screen isn't lining up, I'd go to Android's Settings (two cogs)>Display>Screen Resolution>Turn off auto-detect and try 1080 at 60Hz. Some TVs report that 720 is the best mode to be used, even if they are 1080. In terms of support calls etc making sure the right resolution is being used has been the solution.
Is the audio OK now?

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
I feel exhausted from my first few days with a Droidbox. It's been a test trying to work out how this Kodi thing works but last night I finally got my head round loading some add ons but now there's no sound. I'm gutted.

I've gone through video posts, forum posts, re-booted, changed the HDMI cable for a new one, made sure that Digital Audio Auto Detect is enabled. (PCM)

I can hear system sounds (the little clicks) but nothing when I stream content. I'm now hours into trying to solve this so thought I'd ask the experts.

I'm on a Philips TV. (UVSH V320B1) and the TV and VHS/DVD has sound, just not the Droidbox/Kodi. Any help would be really appreciated. :)
I don't understand why, when you state you are connected via a HDMI cable, you then made sure PCM is detected on auto Detection. You should therefore select the HDMI setting to ensure the sound is via the HDMI cable with auto detection off.

Last edited: