L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
I have XBMC installed on my laptop & on my M8 DroidBox. If I do a Navi-X search on my laptop, bingo, I get results, if I perform the exact same search on my M8 box I get the following message "Cannot connect to server & no cached file exists". Anyone got any ideas at all please?

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
If you're with Virgin or BT, visit https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/uk-isps-blocking-content-how-to-remove/ . You may also want to open the Android browser and see if your ISP's modem/router automatically takes you to a page where you can turn off filters/register your device.

Hi, As I said, I have XBMC installed on both my laptop & droidbox. When sat at home with them both using the same connection & I perform an identical search I get search results on my laptop but not on my droidbox. So based on that I am assuming that the issue is not with the ISP.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You may also want to open the Android browser and see if your ISP's modem/router automatically takes you to a page where you can turn off filters/register your device.
Another customer had the same issue. The modem/router had to have options changed for a new device on the network, rather than just set once across the entire home network, hence my original suggestion.

L33_RYM

Oct 27, 2014
Another customer had the same issue. The modem/router had to have options changed for a new device on the network, rather than just set once across the entire home network, hence my original suggestion.

I'm on Virgin & the Child safe filter is 100% switched to off. I checked it last week, but I will follow the tutorial & come back to you. Thanks again.