Tom Haines

Nov 5, 2018
Hello

I installed the NBA app from Australian IP address, onto DroidBox via the Google Play store. I am able to login, browse the games, but when I try to watch a game, the audio works, but the video simply shows a black box (the app works fine on my Android phones and tablets, or via any web browser).

I've also tried the NBA app plugin from kodi, which also fails to work.

Is it possible that the hardware of the T8 SE is not capable of running the Widevine DRM library that this app (amongst other android apps) uses as it's DRM protection mechanism?

It is possible to get a free subscription for the service, or limit yourself to one team, if anyone from the DroidBox team is able to replicate?

I purchased the T8 SE for the purpose of being able to stream the HD games through my TV, so very it doesn't seem to behave as a "real" android OS in the way that a phone or table does.

Any suggestions on how to debug and/or fix would be appreciated.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The first thing I would do would be to write to that app support team and ask if it is compatible with Android boxes (as opposed to tablets/phones). Some apps are deliberately engineered not to work on these types of boxes. For example sky sports apps only work on mobile devices.
That should not affect Kodi though - what is the name of the Kodi add-on/plug in so I can do some research?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
When using the kodi addon, try connecting through a vpn to a US server.

Tom Haines

Nov 5, 2018
The add-on is here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:NBA_League_Pass

This is for international league pass *only*, which you can use in any country, but NOT the US (lots of requests from US ppl asking for a Kodi plugin to the US streaming service).

The app/video DOES work if I use "Nox" on MacOS (haven't tried others). Would you consider Nox an "Android box" ?

It seems strange that everything would work, including the audio of the video, but not the video itself?