Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
Hi...I have had my T8 box for just under 2'weeks and have installed the usual addons etc.
But today I tried to download a game from the play store, but it told me I didn't have enough memory!
So I looked at my storage and found out I only have about 200mb left!!
I also noticed that 4.62 gb is in Misc.....what is in there?
I can't believe that I'm nearly out of space with only having the box under 2 weeks and I have no music/photos/videos on there......it's just the basic apps and xbmc with addons from droidsticks.

P.S.....when I click on misc within storage, it shows nothing!

Where is all my space gone?

Please advise
Regards

Darren Smith

Feb 19, 2015
Ok so it's the dumb users fault yet again.......after trawling through what might have caused my storage to be nearly gone, I went into the file manager, and under the storage tab I saw about 5 files named like this 16437864, all with different numbers.
So I was thinking what the hell are they...then...DANG!!!!
I remembered that I made several Failed attempts to back up my xbmc Onto a SD card so if I needed another factory reset, I could just restore, and all my addons would be as it was before I done a reset.
So all those times I tried to back up to SD card,actually got saved to the internal storage instead!!
So I just deleted them all and gained 3 gb storage back :)

Just need to learn how to do the backup to usb flash drive now.

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Darren Smith - when you're setting the path for files to be exported to, you'll probably want something like
/mnt/usb_storage/sda1/DEVICE_NAME/
or
/storage/sda1/DEVICE_NAME

also worth a look at, if you haven't already, is the SD Card Analysis tool in ES File Explorer, in case anything like that happens again.

stylecouncil

Feb 21, 2015
Hi can anyone tell me how to make my sd card the default location for downloads, apps, ect? only seem to be running out of space very fast
Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@stylecouncil - Which device do you have? Do you know which version of Android is installed?
Head to settings (if you see a colourful tabbed interface, select the last tab and then click the More/Advanced Settings button).
Now scroll to the bottom of the list on the left, and select the "About Device" or similar entry.
In the information there will be an Android version number, like 4.2.2, 4.4.1 or similar. That's the info we need, as the possibly solutions are easier in pre-KitKat ROMs.

stylecouncil

Feb 21, 2015
@stylecouncil - Which device do you have? Do you know which version of Android is installed?
Head to settings (if you see a colourful tabbed interface, select the last tab and then click the More/Advanced Settings button).
Now scroll to the bottom of the list on the left, and select the "About Device" or similar entry.
In the information there will be an Android version number, like 4.2.2, 4.4.1 or similar. That's the info we need, as the possibly solutions are easier in pre-KitKat ROMs.
Hi silentlyscreaming and thanks for responding....I have a T8 and the android version is 4.4.2... i find it quite strange than you have a slot for a sd card yet so hard to use as extra memory, i have a fairly slow broadband speed so find i have to buffer 1080 films almost to the end, but run into problems with hardly any internal storage left!! also what is the max gb size sd card these devices will except?, i have a 32gb. But think i have read somewhere that 64gb will also work!
Thanks

Last edited:

stylecouncil

Feb 21, 2015
Cheers for that, I have zero cache and 32gb is good.. But my main problem is as above. Not having much room on the internal storage and how to utilize the external memory!!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry about that, having slow Internet is a pain. Have you tried looking into Internet pay monthly sim (phone or tablet) and seeing if you could tether to it. If it works might be faster speeds.

stylecouncil

Feb 21, 2015
It's not my broadband that is the problem. It's the storage. I kinda of explained in an earlier post. I want to know how to make my 32gb sd card the default location for apps downloads ect as I have very little space left on the internal memory. Cheers

Paul crook

Mar 24, 2015
To add to this when I look in device storage it shows my internal storage is full !! With 4.43 in red (Misc) I cannot find this have deleted several app though not going down.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd assume your ShowBox directory may have filled up your device.
Open ES File Explorer, get past the intro screens. Click on the Show Box folder and delete the large videos in there.

Re setting download locations, it depends which method you use to download. You could use some of the steps from https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq/use-showbox-to-download-directly-to-external-storage/ even if you're not using Show Box if you still use ES Downloader to grab the files.

Paul crook

Mar 24, 2015
Yes it's in there!! Though can't find the delete option .

Click on video and Text, audio, video etc options come up but no delete !

Paul crook

Mar 24, 2015
Though I changed all the files in ES to download to external drive though still downloading to my HD cinema folder on the Droidbox internal memory!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Are you still clicking the Download button in ShowBox? If so, please re-read blog post and thread linked to there, you need to click the Watch Now option, check the screenshots. You're pretending that ES File Manager's Download system is in fact a media player. It get's downloaded to the folder you've set in ES File Explorer's settings that way.

Scrobster

Apr 1, 2015
Hi

I tried this and managed to get to the point of selecting the uncheck for internal player but this is not an option on my version. I can only select internal or external player.
Any suggestions?

Regards