wyndavies2

Dec 31, 2017
Hi All. Ive just got me a T8 .. I only have the standard remote also if it helps.

My first post on here and a new member to droibox and the system
Ok i have tried so many ways to get Netflix work i'm stuck.

I click the Icon and it gave a black screen and the red N so i then wait.
Nothing happens as it stays as a black screen.
I am a account user on Netflix

I have tried it with VPN on/Off etc etc.

Any ideas. I am slowly getting my head around things

Previously i was on a Apple TV

Thanks Wyn

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Try and update netflix from the droidbox market. Netflix developers have made the latest official versions incompatible with android boxes.

wyndavies2

Dec 31, 2017
Hi Nigelar
Thanks for your response. This is gonna sound wierd . Ive given it good effort to update and it did update ok. But still i get a black screen.
Weird bit.
I had the Mouse activated and somehow i got a keyboard pop up with sign in and enter password box highlighted one at a time as a white box.
I think its running behind this black screen i just can't see anything.
If i scroll to the bottom and click ok i get google chrome start with about Netflix on it.

If i open up Fox and a couple of other apps i get a small portion of screen open up on the right hand side ( top to Bottom ) 1/4 screen only. rest is blank.

Is it related and does it help me to fix this issue

Thanks for your help

Wyn

Zebbedy

Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
Just replaced my T8-S with the later version T8-SE that supports Android 7 but cannot get Netflix running properly. We can select a program, but only get sound, and a black screen.

We have tried swapping the hdmi cable, switching ends of the hdmi cable, several different versions of Netflix from new to old (cant remember the build numbers exactly, but something like 28000, down to 9500) as suggested both here and on the Netflix site. I have installed the netflix from the Droidbox Market and that still does not work.

We have even tried HDMI splitters that supposedly strip the hdcp from the signal. Still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
See my post earlier in this thread. Last I heard the Netflix developers had made later versions incompatible with android boxes. Some people had found success loading older versions but this is not guaranteed.