joannmark

Aug 16, 2014
Hi. I have read the other posts about the green screen but im really struggling. I have the latest Netflix installed via the app store, I have reset to factory settings and all I ever get is audio and a green screen. The x7 is for my young sons bedroom and any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi. I have read the other posts about the green screen but im really struggling. I have the latest Netflix installed via the app store, I have reset to factory settings and all I ever get is audio and a green screen. The x7 is for my young sons bedroom and any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi

Please do the following below,change main box resolution on the box and make sure that you use highest one.

settings>display>HDMI auto detection-turn it OFF
settings>display>HDMI output mod settings>1080p
settings>display>display position>-/+ for scaling

Also

Please clear data on netflix

Clear Data On XBMC/Kodi

Here is how to:
Go into Settings>Apps>Netflix>Clear data and then again come back in Netflix from home screen .
OR
Settings> Other>More Settings> Apps>Netflix>Clear data and then again come back in Netflix from home screen.

Regards

joannmark

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks, but are you sure the above is for the X7? I can clear the data in Netflix, but there is no settings>display>...
I can go to settings, screen and change resolution to maximum, and I can max the screen size but there is no option to turn auto detection off and it stil, does not work.

joannmark

Aug 16, 2014
Hi. My device menu does not look anything like this really. Do I need to upgrade the firmware of my X7?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Honestly I don't know. I don't even know if there is a firmware update for the x7. Maybe admin/support can help.

All may not be lost though. I think there is a kodi Netflix addon. Why not try that and see if you get a better result.

Also as an alternative why not try the Showbox android app. You can get it from the droidbox App Store. (I think there is a link to download the App Store somewhere in the droidbox blog page). Most recent films and tv series can be found in showbox (and you don't need a subscription)

Update: link to droidbox market (App Store) https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-market/

Last edited:

joannmark

Aug 16, 2014
no worries, appreciate the reply. I really do need netflix (son has his series etc..) and it just works. Showbox is very hit and miss and I dont like him messing around with KODI. Hopefully someone will know the answer and I have raised a ticket with admin.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Take it you have the latest firmware installed for your device also?
If so try checking here to see if your device is on their supported list.
Code:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13812
Only other thing as a test is to try is signing into your Netflix account through a browser like chrome for instance and see if that route works out for you, that worked for a cheap mk808b stick I used to have, it was a low powered stick that just did not play nice with any version of the Netflix app

joannmark

Aug 16, 2014
Thanks everyone. Still no joy I'm afraid, Ive tried every resolution (green screen) and tried chrome and web browser in desktop mode and I cant get passed the play button...

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Settings/about should show you firmware vers, hopefully DB/admin can help you further with regards to firmware? Maybe there is no newer vers than what you already have, just trying the process of elimination and first port of call normally for me is, is everything up to date with the latest versions. Hope you get sorted.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
How would I know if I have the latest firmware?
Hi

Once in OTA updater app,if app displays the message that you are running latest firmware,thas basically it.

You can locate OTA updater app in the app list(6 dots icon on homescreen)

Regards

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Another approach is to check if older versions worked. Sometimes app writers update their code and break functionality on some hardware. Please note the following link has not been checked for trustworthiness, it was just the first google result: http://www.apk4fun.com/history/5701/

Uninstalling NetFlix (Settings, Apps), then opening a downloaded APK for a previous NetFlix version, installing should be a good start.

You may find the Play Store tries to update your NetFlix, but if it works before updating, we'll find a way to break the link.

Cherry7676

Dec 12, 2015
Take it you have the latest firmware installed for your device also?
If so try checking here to see if your device is on their supported list.
Code:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13812
Only other thing as a test is to try is signing into your Netflix account through a browser like chrome for instance and see if that route works out for you, that worked for a cheap mk808b stick I used to have, it was a low powered stick that just did not play nice with any version of the Netflix app

I have the same problem on the same droidbox since I bought it, never resolved.
It came preloaded with the Netflix app, I bought it for that reason. Why are they selling these if the box is not supported?!

This particular droidbox is rubbish, my kodi won't work anymore, Netflix gives green screen, YouTube app has no picture only sound too. What is going on?!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
"My Kodi won't work anymore"
We can probably help you out but you need to provide a tad more information.
Like:
What happens when you click on Kodi?
What version of Kodi.? (Check in system - system info, at the bottom of the screen)
Do any particular Addons give you problems?
Have you run one of the "wizards" to set up your Addons?
What sort of broadband speed do you get on the box (run speed test app from Google play)?
Wifi or ethernet connection?
Who is your isp?

Cherry7676

Dec 12, 2015
Kodi either crashes on opening or just stalls on blank screen. I have wookie wizard downloaded on it but haven't used the box in months as overall it's just clunky and hard to navigate
We have fibre broadband, used to have speeds of 40mb but have since moved and speeds are slower, but all these issues were relevant at the old house too
Wifi connection
Will have to check kodi version

To be honest my main gripe is the Netflix not working, I don't want to access it through another add on or app, I want to be able to click on the pre installed app and have it play!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
With kodi, go to android - apps - kodi and press clear cache (Not clear data).
Delete any unwanted or unused apps.
If you have any downloaded photos of films delete them (after copying to a usb stick)
See if it makes any difference.

Cherry7676

Dec 12, 2015
I've done a complete factory reset and reinstalled Netflix and YouTube and still get blank screen on both! This is so frustrating!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry for your frustration.
But i'm trying to help solve the kodi issue.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
With regard to netflix though, did you try and download the oldest version in the archive silently screaming pointed to?
If you do, and this is very important, make sure google play auto update is OFF.

Last edited: