quinton77

May 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been having this reoccurring issue where after a while the Netflix application in Kindle would stop seeing the sdcard as a download location. After trying out several things, this is what I know. While I only tried this on the Kindle, I am pretty sure it works the same way on Android.

1. The Netflix application must be run on the tablet rather than the SDCard for the Kindle to see the SDCard.

2. When you change the setting, you must reboot your tablet. This was the part that confused me. I would move the Netflix to tablet and it still would not work, but then it would suddenly start working (because it rebooted at some point). Conversely, I would get it to work and then the tablet would move it to SDCARD during an update and then the app would stop working.
Here's what I recommend the fix should be should you notice that you no longer have the ability to save to sdcard.

1. Go into the Settings, Application and open the Netflix and make sure it's moved to the tablet.

2. Reboot the tablet. Wait until all of the icons are no longer locked which is when Kindle enable the sdcard.

3. Open Netflix, you should see the option for sdcard download location again.
Thank you!

Reactions: Cashub

Cashub

Jul 29, 2022
This is gold! You have no idea how much time I spent on trying to figure out where's the problem. Whatever the download was, it was always downloading on the device, rather than the card. Your solution made my day! Huge thanks!