johnx472

Sep 30, 2016
my new charging part for my air vip remote is inside the controler so i cannot use it,i tried to contact droidbox for a replacement but they are only monday to friday

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I'm sorry i don't understand your question.
Are you sure you have the model which has a rechargeable lithium battery and a usb charging port?
The other model takes 2 aaa replaceable batteries. Slide off the cover to fit.

Last edited:

johnx472

Sep 30, 2016
I'm sorry i don't understand your question.
Are you sure you have the model which has a rechargeable lithium battery and a usb charging port?
The other model takes 2 aaa replaceable batteries. Slide off the cover to fit.
not not that remote the one that you can use with ,och it doesnt matter im gonna return the whole thing now iv had it 2 days and im unhappy,i wish to speak to someone in customer care

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Your choice. Sean and me just trying to help and maybe avoid an unecessary call to support.

johnx472

Sep 30, 2016
Your choice. Sean and me just trying to help and maybe avoid an unecessary call to support.
iv got a mx3 4k box cheap and simple i just thought i would go for something more better than the one i have,i didnt think that buy a dearer box would mean more troubles

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
So what is wrong with your box and which droidbox do you have? We might be able to help.
In the meantime post a link to the vip mouse you have from the droidbox accessories page.
Have you used the standard remote that comes with your droidbox? Not perfect but it works.

johnx472

Sep 30, 2016
the remote with the keyboard on the back it has a charging port but some part of it is still inside the the remote floating about or wriggling about,you can hear it as you shake it

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Theres a removeable panel above the usb charging port. Covering the 3 power and mouse on/off buttons. Remove it and take a look abd see if there is anything visible rattling about.
Does the remote actually charge or is the whole port missing?
In the meantime use the remote that comes with the box to continue viewing.

johnx472

Sep 30, 2016
i just want to return it now and get a full refund,i just feel jinxed now,sorry but its just how i feel just now,just feel so let down by it all

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Most issues are resolved quite quickly, especially teething problems with the basics. If you have the VIP remote control ( https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-tm-vipremote.html ) then you will need to connect the USB dongle to your DroidBOX for it to work. This dongle is usually in the battery compartment, which would lead to a rattling sound until removed.
If it is a VIP Plus remote ( https://droidbox.co.uk/droidbox-vip-plus-mini-keyboard-airmouse-remote.html ) then there shouldn't have been anything loose inside it, our apologies.

If you haven't already and still want to send to back to us as a change of mind return, please send us an e-mail (see my signature for details), including the order ID.