Therusinator

Sep 26, 2017
I"m having issues getting this to download anything. I'm even using a Ethernet cable so that is great.
unable to connect couldn't retrieve directory error comes up.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think you need to provide a bit more information. What are you trying to download? What app are you using? Are you using kodi? If so what add-on? Basically what are you trying to do?

Therusinator

Sep 26, 2017
Sure thing, I'm trying to download things like Fusion or the Aces Wizard and Echo, all the same error. I have a brand new box with Kodi 17.3 and I am able to get on line with youtube and browser just fine. Do you have a suggestion for a different add on ? I can try ?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Typically the error you have posted relates to an invalid web address or maybe an out of date one.
You have already proven your ethernet connectivity is good by accessing youtube.

My advice then would be to use the ares wizard as your addon/build install solution.

You can read about ares here and scroll down the guide for installation instructions.

hxxp://www.ares-project-blog.com/kodi-add-on-reviews/ares-wizard-install-guide-latest/

(replace xx with tt)

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I"m having issues getting this to download anything. I'm even using a Ethernet cable so that is great.
unable to connect couldn't retrieve directory error comes up.
Hi

For testing ethernet connection please use speed test app and WiFI analyzer if wifi used.Also youtube playback may come in handy as standard file download via web browser.

Some of the add ons named do not exist anymore so you may want to check newest dates when it comes to add ons that you are trying to set up.Also networks such as BT and SKY may block these by default so you my want to go through smart initial setup and turn OFF parental control(BT)or turn OFF shield(SKY).

Regards and have a nice day ;)