Iamguyster

Feb 26, 2015
Hi,

I recently bought a new iMXQPro Mini to replace my old droidbox and have had nothing but problems with it since purchase.

I am running the box on Ethernet with download speeds of 60Mbit/s so bandwidth is not an issue.

Here are the issues:
  • Laggy air mouse. The mouse will move momentarily, stop and then shoot across the screen
  • Laggy keyboard. The keyboard will work normally then write out multiple of the same letter I just typed. It also required multiple presses to select options in menus etc.
  • Kodi hanging. When I start Kodi, it sometimes opens (about half the time) and hangs, with me unable to select any options. The only way out is to repeatedly mash the home button on the air mouse until it eventually goes back to the home screen and then I have to force stop the kodi app. Sometimes, I literally have to pull the power out of the box to reboot it
  • Kodi crashes. Part way through watching something (usually on Vader Streams) it simply reboots without warning and reappears as just a portion of screen with no way to access functions, needing the power to be removed from the box again
I have tried a factory reset and uninstalled any apps that I had previously installed in case they were causing a problem. The only apps I have extra other than system apps are showbox, speedtest and kodi.

Any ideas? This box is supposed to a lot more powerful than my previous box but my previous one worked much more smoothly and never had these problems.

Thanks,
Guy

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Given it is a new box and you have done the usual solutions - a reset - with no effect, I would contact Droidbox direct rather than via the forum. Contact button at foot of forum page.