sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi guys do you think we could possibly see a new box with 4gb of ram and 32/64 gb of storage and latest chipsets (if compatible) in the near future capable of running the latest version of LibreElec 9 and the latest 8.1 android running side by side each with fully updateable ota's?? A newer version of the t8s v1,2, se range. Any plans for the future of droix? Lots on the market of late just not with any dual boot functionality.

Last edited:

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
I second that request too but I don't think manufacturers are interested in Libreelec and am wondering whether Kodi is losing appeal to them too. Paid for iptv using stalker , m3u etc.. seems to be new selling point for them in my opinion.
I have had my droidbox T8S v1.2 libreelec for a considerable time so would be nice to upgrade to newer faster model.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I too would like to see this with Droix. Ive had many boxes and Ive stuck with Droix for the last few years and models coz they are actually a good box (Very Good) but Im waiting too for a better update to use latest LE 9. Any future news would be appreciated.

tommpd

Dec 29, 2014
Very interesting folks I have been hunting down something like that also but can't find anything like that. I would have no problem paying more for it if DroiX made one because of the support that would come with it

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Unfortunately we have no news on a new device with LibreELEC at the moment. We will of course post here when there is news.

paolo

Nov 24, 2014
Hi Dave C ,
Thanks for update. Do you expect to have an update to libreELEC 9 on existing machines antime soon?