Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Hello all

I just received a brand new T8 S Openelec after my last droidbox gave up on me. I was really excited to set it up and I knew I would have to potentially try a new build due to some going offline, but after trying 8... Yes 8 different ones I can't get any to work ? Area, Wookiee, glass door, cellardoor, no limits, titanium to name a few and only 2 have appeared in the programme add on section. I tried to set one up and I get advised that I have build 16.4 but I need 17.4. Any ideas ? Obviously I am doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've changed builds loads of times before without problems?
Thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Most of those builds finished as a result of recent legal warnings and fears of legal action etc

At any rate most recent builds do need Kodi 17 (see my reply to your other post)

Once you have resolved that and are running Kodi 17 try Sean's build. Sean99 is on this forum. Search his posts for a link (I think it is in the perks media wizard you will need to dig out his post with installation instructions)

Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Thank you very much. I am really greatfull. If it does not work I'm sure I can download apps individually.

Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Hello all. I've tried to get kodi 17 but I'm stuck on "checking info" then it kicks me out..... any ideas ?

Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Ok... I give up.... even when I manually add a site it does not work.... such as wwe on demand..... I'll contact droidbox and send it back. Tanks for the advice... I tried... all the best

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think you need to be a bit more specific in describing your problem.
When you say, "manually add a site" do you mean a kodi addon? Where i.e. which repository and source did you get it from?
When you say "it does not work" what actuaaly happens? Does the addon fire up but then returns an error message? Or does it crash with an error message? It is possible your isp is blocking loading an addon but you will need to provide more info - there is certainly a solution to that.

Did you resolve your kodi / google play issues (for example do you have a google play account). Can you confirm the date/time displayed on your box?

Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Hi Nigel the date is fine. I managed to get Google play sorted. I checked and I have kodi 17.5 anyway. So, I cleared cache and added the perksmedia wizard but it would not install due to "unmet dependencies". I then added wwe on demand but cannot remeber how i managed it which i know does not help. which I select it I can go to the menu choose a show and then I get kicked out with a message saying that DBMC has closed. I think that as I've tried soooo many different repo builds that I should factory reset and try from scratch

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok.
You need to be clear on which Kodi instance you are going to use - DBMC or Vanilla Kodi.
My advice for now (and to make it a little easier to debug) would be to use vanilla Kodi as your base.
Before considering a factory reset, try this:

On both instances of Kodi (vanilla and DBMC).

Go to settings - apps
Click on Kodi
Click on clear cache, then clear data.

Repeat for DBMC.

The purpose is to clean up the apps.

Now using vanilla Kodi, (not dbmc) installing a known add-on that is proven to work.

Try this as a test

http://bestforkodi.com/guide-install-placenta-kodi-addon-repo-exodus-fork/

If that works it suggests there is nothing wrong with your box and more likely a problem with the wwe add-on or the way it has installed on DBMC.

Come back with results but not during the Swansea Vs Notts County cup game.

Gangle666

Apr 15, 2016
Thank you for your advice Nigelar

I managed to get Sean's build added. I cleared dbmc so that all my other attempted builds were wiped and it was completely thresh. I and used your link to add the build which went perfectly. I have tried to watch several tv programmes, movies but I still get kicked out with the "dbmc has closed" pop up appearing. I will try your advice and Clear data then use vanilla kodi. Oh yeh, I hope your ream won !!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I mentioned on your other thread that many builds were incompatible with Kodi Jarvis 16 and DBMC is based on that.
I recommended you use vanilla Kodi krypton 17 for that reason. Sean's build is advertised as a kryton 17 build.
So go ahead and try it on vanilla Kodi 17.
Good luck.
My team drew